Char Crust® dry rub is easy and fast to use! Simply dredge, sear, and serve. Use on any meat, seafood, or vegetable, and just broil, bake, grill, or even sauté.
- If you are new to Char Crust® dry rub seasoning, we suggest following directions for Classic Use. This will give you our famous Char Crusted® effect.
- If you are already a Char Crust® dry rub fan who uses our products regularly, check out our recipes using the navigation on the left of this page for some creative ideas.
Classic Use – Grilling or Broiling
1. Dredge (completely cover all sides) any meat or fish with Char Crust® dry rub seasoning. Be generous and pat or rub to coat evenly all over.
2. For best results with low-fat meats or fish, we suggest that you drizzle or spritz a little oil or non-stick oil spray on the surface of the already-seasoned protein. This provides a protective buffer on the surface of the spices and creates a sizzling Char Crust®. If using a well-marbled cut of beef, or cooking on a George Foreman® style grill, you can skip this step.
3. Using a preheated broiler (top rack) or very hot grill, sear both sides of the protein. Then cook to desired preference. For juiciest results, do not pierce meat or press down hard on it.
Classic Use – Roasting
1. Preheat oven to highest temperature (500 degrees or higher is best).
2. Follow Steps 1 and 2 from “Grilling and Broiling” above.
3. Place roast in roasting pan that allows some space all around the roast. Place into oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Then turn temperature down to your desired roasting temperature (350 degrees is a common choice). Continue cooking until desired temperature is reached.
Note: Char Crust® dry rub seasoning does not change your normal cooking times, so if you are using a favorite recipe and adding Char Crust® dry rub to it, simply follow your recipe.
Sprinkle Use – Broil, bake, grill or sauté
Works especially well for vegetables!
1. Drizzle clean vegetables with oil, then toss well to coat.
2. Sprinkle to taste with Char Crust® dry rub seasoning, then toss again
3. Broil, bake, grill, or sauté as usual.
4. Serve to rave reviews!
Note: You can also sprinkle Char Crust® on fresh steamed veggies. After cooking, toss veggies with a little butter or oil, then sprinkle with Char Crust® dry rub to taste, and toss again.